Saturday, April 18, 2009

Baby Bunnies!!!

So yeah, I haven’t posted in a while…
But I have been SO busy! On Monday Makayla Brown called me and asked if I knew anything about taking care of baby bunnies. I said yes, cuz I have a book on it and I have bunny.


Apparently Zach was mowing lawn and there was a nest with baby bunnies! One of them was hurt from the start. So they took them home and took care of them because there was a dog that lived there and would probably eat them or something... They have like five animals so they gave them to us to take care of. We went to Petsmart and got some cat replacement formula (KMR) cuz you’re supposed to feed them it. When we got back Zach had already brought them to us!
We got used to them and stuff. But the one that was hurt died shortly after we got them...:( Here he is:

*Petey*:)
I’m too sad to talk about him. :( (we buried him in our backyard next to another rabbit we found dead one time)


They were so cute. I took so many pictures and videos of them that it would take So long to post them all. I did want to post a few though… Here they are!:

*Lil* "The baby"
*Kris* "The runt and the sweet little boy"
*Adam Lambunny* "The fat and lazy bun who always eats triple as much as the others!"

*Roxy* "The frisky, hiper bun"
Now that I've introduced them here are some random pictures of them:

*Group sniff!*

*Brothers Wrestling on who gets to sit in the corner*

(Seriously they were) *Roxy*

(She was actually the first one with her eyes open)
*Kris telling Adam a secret* ;)

*Roxy and Lil* (Sisters)
*Roxy squirming cuz she's full*
*Adam and Roxy*

*Lil being cute*
*Kris squatting and being his normal self*
(He's always sleepy. He was so pitiful and hardly ate)
*Roxy and Lil again*
*Kris and Adam again*
I adore this picture!
*Adam before his eyes were completly open*
*Lil before her eyes were open*
*Kris enjoying his milk*
*Kris being hoppity when he usually isn't*
*Roxy being cute*
*Lil falling asleep*
*Adam dreaming of mommy*

*Roxy sleeping*

I Love them, they are so cute. But after two days and nights of feeding them, I was tired…so we called the vet to ask their opinion and they said “It’s against the law to take wild life in you home” She said to take them back where they were and leave them for their mama to come back. But I wasn’t going to do that cuz their mom was probably dead or not coming back. So we called ARC (Animal Rehabilitators of the Carolinas) and they had a person who worked for them that had a license to take care of them. That’s all I know for now! They’re supposed to call maybe after they’re going to set them free so…I will be sure to post about what happens to them. I hope they all live!
Yeah I started typing this last night and now it’s the next day cuz we went shopping with Darcy and Kailey so…I most likely will post this even later cuz it takes a while for the picturesto upload...I have some videos but I'm not going to post them cuz it didn't work!
~Mandi
(It's Monday a week later and I finally had a chance to send it. If anyone knows an easier way to upload these pictures please comment!)

8 comments:

Ben said...

I'm not going to say what we would do to them... You would get sad... :) They are cute...

Mandi said...

I know what you would do with them and it did make me sad. We don't have them anymore though...

Anonymous said...

aw!!!! so cute!

oh, and you do know that you can upload five pictures at once, right? besides that, there isn't a faster way. its real' slow compared to most other sites...

Wesley said...

I love bunnies. =) It's too bad y'all didn't get to keep any of them...

Aly said...

Aww, they're so cute! We caught a baby bunny once, but we let it go.

Emily said...

Sorry you weren't able to keep them! Yeah, I've worked with rehabbers in the past a technically you are supposed to be licensed by the state. They really are so cute and fun. But they are really, really hard to hand raise and the survival rate is so low. So, in the end it's probably better the rehabber took them. I hope they do well =)

Really cute pictures!

K8lynh said...

they are sooo cute..i wish i could have seen them!! it is too bad you couldnt keep them!! cant wait to see you again!!!

Mandi said...

We would have kept them but they wouldn't be safe and most likely would have died. And they aren't domesticated rabbits they're wild.
The people haven't called and said how they're doing yet...which makes me think they died and don't want to tell us.
I miss all of ya'll from Crossway!!! Hope to c u soon!